Published genealogies and biographies: Burke's Landed Gentry ca. 1920
Gumbleton of GlanatoreIsabella Matilda Gumbleton, daughter of the Hon. Judge Des Barres, of St John’s, Newfoundland, Lady of the Manor of Twyning, co Gloucester; m. 4 Nov 1858, Richard John Maxwell Gumbleton, of Glanatore, JP and by him (b. 1834; d 1889) had issue, a dau., Isabella Mary, and a son, Richard Augustus Maxwell, who both d. in childhood.
Richard Gumbleton of castlerichard, otherwise Ballygarron, co. Waterford, served as High-Sheriff of that county in 1732. He m. 1704, Anne, dau. of Wallis Warren, ancestor of Sir Augustus Warren, of Warrenscourt, Bart., by whom he left a dau. Anne, m. 1733, William Daunt, of Kilmonogue, and a dau., Susanna, m. John Drew, of Ballinspellig, descended of Drew of Kilwinny. He left a son & successor,
Richard Gumbleton, of Castlerichard, who served as High Sheriff for co. Waterford 1772. He m. 1743, Elizabeth, dau of Daniel Conner, of Bandon, and sister of William Conner, of Connerville, co. York [sic], MP for Bandon 1761-66, and had issue (besides other children),
- Richard of Castle Richard, who m. the dau of Hamilton O'Hara,of co. Donegal, by whom he had issue:
- Richard Edward of Castlerichard (called by him “Glencairn Abbey”) dsp. 1819
- Lavinia wife of Henry-Amyes Bushe, nephew, maternally, of the Right Hon. Henry Grattan.
- Rebecca wife of Sir Tristram Ricketts, Bart,. Admiral and KCB, by whom she was mother of Sir Cornwallis Ricketts, Bart., b. 1803,; who m. 1st 1834, Henrietta, dau. of Colonel Tempest, of Tong Hall, co. York; and 2ndly, 1852, Lady Caroline Augusta Pelham Clinton, 3rd dau. of the 4th Duke of Newcastle; by both of which marriages Sir Cornwallis had issue.
- Robert Warren of whom presently
- Henry of Curriglass House, capt. 13th dragoons, m 1792, the Hon. Sarah Massy, dau of the second lord Massy, by whom he had (with other issue),
- Richard of Marston near Tallow, who m. 1835 Catherine Elizabeth, dau. of Lieut. Col. Robert Moore, and great-grand-dau. of Edward Moore, 5th Earl of Drogheda, of which marriage there is issue, an only dau., Isabella.
- William of Curriglass m. Miss Purcell and had issue.
- Jane m. May 1775 to William Daunt of Kilcascan and had issue (see that family)
- Richard,his successor.
- John-Bowen, of Fortwilliam, co. Waterford, JP, high-sheriff of that co. in 1845 who m. Ann, eldest dau. and coheiress of Henry Everard, of Spalding co. Lincoln, by whom he had issue,
- Robert, dsp
- John-Henry, dsp
- Anne, m. General Beafoy Hawley, and d. 1861, leaving issue
- Meliora (who d. 1877), wife of Major Currie, by whom she had issue.
- George(Rev.), of Belgrove, near Cove, m. 1st his cousin Sarah, dau. of Capt. Henry Gumbleton; and 2ndly Frances Anne, dau of James Penrose of Woodhill, Cork, and d. 29 Oct 1860 leaving by the latter two sons,
- William Edward now of Belgrove, JP, late head of the family, b. 1840, d.unm. 4 Apr 1911
- George, MA, DCL, Barrister-at-Law, b. 1843, m. 1889, Jessie Ramsay, eldest dau. of Thomas Skinner, and d. 1894.
Richard Gumbleton of Glanatore m. 1823, Ann Rachel, dau. of Henry Fowke, of Tewkesbury, by Jane Charlotte his wife, dau. of George William Maxwell, of the family of Maxwell, of Dalswinton, and Ann his wife, dau. and heir of Peter Handcock, of Twining. Mr Gumbleton dying 1849, left surviving issue, the late Richard John Maxwell Gumbleton of Glanatore.
Seats: Glanatore, near Tallow, co Waterford; Twyning Manor, Tewkesbury, co. Gloucester.
Burke's Landed Gentry
Disclaimer: the owner of this website assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from this website. I have taken considerable care in preparing information and materials which are displayed in this website. However, I do not provide any warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein.