April 2018 updateA lot of minor updates. More biographies added. A lot of people pages added for people not yet linked into families.
26 June 2017 updateLots of minor changes and additions.
The database now contains 2,786 items.
30 December 2015 updateThe major change in this update was to make it possible to make small incremental changes to the website. previously, every change, however small, required a full regeneration of the entire site. Now, only those pages that have been changed need to be generated and uploaded.
December 2015 update
- I believe I have finished all the updates that I have had pending for a long time.
- Corrected a problem that was causing some events to appear twice in a person's list of events
- Various minor corrections and additions
- The total number of pages + pictures is now about 3230
28 November 2015
- Updated information about Robert Gumbleton
- Expanded section of electoral rolls
- New section for 1939 register (index entries only)
- Various corrections and editions
- Abandoned having a search page
- Upgrade of software to Django v.1.8 and Python v.3.5
- Major overhaul of my own code
- The total number of pages + pictures is now about 3100
3 May 2015 update
- Principal Probate registry wills index 1966-2014
- Several new wills transcripts
- A few additional census transcripts
- Numerous corrections and better links between people and records
- About half the backlog of corrections and additions
- A total of about 100 new items, giving a total of 2317 pages and pictures
27 Dec 2014
- Added Gumbletons from Ireland 1901 and 1911 census.
- Additional newspaper extracts
- Additional will transcripts
- More Australian births, deaths and marriages
- More Irish deeds from Registry of Deeds Index Project Ireland
- Gambleton variants previously missing from GRO indexing
June 2014 Update
- Fixed problem of some characters not appearing properly in some browsers (eg pound signs): specified UTF-8 encoding
- Divided people list into Gumbletons and others (plus full list)
- Fixed error in url links to armed forces records
- Added some more census records
- more links between people and events
- New record type: 'Poll books'
3 June 2014
- Minor corrections
- Fixed some broken links
- Several additional wills
Linked together some of the Britford Gumbletons
- New category for Poor Law Records
- Added pictures from Derek Jackson
- Attempted to fix 'search' page (unsuccessfully)
April 2014New version of site, based on Python Django platform
Disclaimer: the owner of this website assumes no responsibility or liability for any injury, loss or damage incurred as a result of any use or reliance upon the information and material contained within or downloaded from this website. I have taken considerable care in preparing information and materials which are displayed in this website. However, I do not provide any warranty concerning the accuracy or completeness of any information contained herein.